RevEmu for Gold Source?

Aisu Kruimu
4 июля 2014 20:05
   Сообщение #1

Новобранец
Награды:

Предупреждения:
Hi,

Is there a new version of the revemu for the GoldSrc games? I tried applying the emu to my legit copy of the Steam version of Half life and it doesn't work. The current version of Half Life has additional content that none of the cracked versions online for download have. Also, the new versions of Half Life on Steam don't bring a steam.dll file to rename, so the revemu install instructions don't work. Is there a revemeu to support these?

Thanks.
Stanly
5 июля 2014 10:45
   Сообщение #2

Храброе сердце
Награды:

Предупреждения:
Aisu Kruimu,
Hello.

If you want make Half-Life no-steam you need:
1. downlod RevEmu from 16.05.2014
2. Copy all files from folder [RevEmu]\steampipe_source to Half-Life, where located file hl2.exe
3. Open rev.ini and change this line:
"ProcName=hl2.exe -game cstrike -steam -silent /help"
to this:
"ProcName=hl.exe -steam -game halflife -silent /help"
(without quotes)
4. Run revloader.exe
Shlak
5 июля 2014 10:58
   Сообщение #3

Советчик
Награды:

Предупреждения:
Цитата: Stanly
-game halflife
?!
Half-Life does not need "-game" argument.
http://steamdb.info/app/70/config/
Stanly
5 июля 2014 11:20
   Сообщение #4

Храброе сердце
Награды:

Предупреждения:
Shlak,
действительно, но по идеи работать все равно должно )
Но правильнее конечно убрать этот параметр.
Aisu Kruimu
5 июля 2014 18:50
   Сообщение #5

Новобранец
Награды:

Предупреждения:
Aisu Kruimu,
Hello.

If you want make Half-Life no-steam you need:
1. downlod RevEmu from 16.05.2014
2. Copy all files from folder [RevEmu]\steampipe_source to Half-Life, where located file hl2.exe
3. Open rev.ini and change this line:
"ProcName=hl2.exe -game cstrike -steam -silent /help"
to this:
"ProcName=hl.exe -steam -game halflife -silent /help"
(without quotes)
4. Run revloader.exe

Interesting, I would have never guessed to use the Source folder for a GoldSrc game. :shock: I followed your instructions and it worked. Thank you. :smile: That folder should just be named Steampipe then since it works with both engines.

I have some questions though.

Why does this RevEmu release have a multiple folders named RemStorage and they are all empty? I don't see anything generated in there once the game is launched.

So it's not possible to run the game directly from the hl.exe? I was used to doing that with some Source games after installing the RevEmu.

WhenI click create server in the game, the game tab appaers empty and I can't configure the server settings. Why is that?
Stanly
8 июля 2014 02:06
   Сообщение #6

Храброе сердце
Награды:

Предупреждения:
Aisu Kruimu,
I agree with you, we need rename this folder.
Avatars are saved in the folder RemStorage, if in rev.ini parameter Use_avatar = true

You can run the game from the hl.exe, if you create game shortcut and write this line: "-game cstrike -appid 240 -steam" in properties. After that you can run shortcut and play.

On third question I don't have answer, we need test it.
Aisu Kruimu
8 июля 2014 19:01
   Сообщение #7

Новобранец
Награды:

Предупреждения:
Yeah, the folder being named "Steampipe" would make things a lot clearer because the name "Steampipe_Source" makes it sound like it's only for Source games.

You mean the RemStorage folder saves other players avatars? Because mine is in the Platform folder with the name avatar.dat.

Oh, I was hoping that there would be a way to click on the exe itself and have that run the game directly. But I guess not. No big deal. I was just used to that in the Source games.

I found out why the server tab appears empty. For some reason when you run the revloader.exe it generates a folder called "halflife" and places a few game files there and read them form that folder in stead of the "valve" folder where the actual game content is. Basically you'll have to copy the "settings.scr" file from the "valve" folder over to the "halflife" folder. Why does the revloader do this? Why doesn' it just read those files from the valve folder?
Stanly
9 июля 2014 09:39
   Сообщение #8

Храброе сердце
Награды:

Предупреждения:
Aisu Kruimu,
Yes, it's right, your avatar located in Platform folder, but avatars other players saves in RemStorage folder.

You can't run the game if you launch original hl.exe, but you can create game shortcut. And in my last message, I wrote line wrong, which you need paste in properties game shortcut. Right line: "-steam". In my hl.exe - shortcut it's looks like: "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\hl.exe -steam".

What happens when you run HL in steam? I ask about the problem, that you describe, when you run revLoader. Maybe in steam the same thing happens.
Aisu Kruimu
9 июля 2014 10:55
   Сообщение #9

Новобранец
Награды:

Предупреждения:
Aisu Kruimu,
Yes, it's right, your avatar located in Platform folder, but avatars other players saves in RemStorage folder.

You can't run the game if you launch original hl.exe, but you can create game shortcut. And in my last message, I wrote line wrong, which you need paste in properties game shortcut. Right line: "-steam". In my hl.exe - shortcut it's looks like: "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\hl.exe -steam".

Ok that's clears that up. Thank you.

What happens when you run HL in steam? I ask about the problem, that you describe, when you run revLoader. Maybe in steam the same thing happens.

In steam that folder doesn't exist and is not generated. Running the game patched with RevLoader seems to create that folder as if it were a mod, but it isn't a mod, it's just the normal game. I deleted it and it was generated again when I ran Revloader. On Steam that folder is never present.
Stanly
15 июля 2014 09:19
   Сообщение #10

Храброе сердце
Награды:

Предупреждения:
Aisu Kruimu,
You are welcome.

We will check this problem.
1чел. читают эту тему (гостей: 1)
Пользователей: 0

Сейчас: 16 декабря 2018 04:06