RevEmu/Launcher situation and suggestions

P. Sanders
13 апреля 2015 17:47
   Сообщение #1

Соратник
Награды:

Предупреждения:
Hello, Forum.

I'll try to explain this as easy as possible.

I have one (01) PC in my house, CS:WaRzOnE client installed, and 3 people wanting to play online; me, my little sister and ... my mom :oops: yes, it's not a typo! my. mom.

Logic solution: I made copies of the important and relevant files.

items_730.bin
stats.bin
rev.ini

Matching those files for everyone's criteria.

Issue: It's kinda tedious to replace files every single time they want to play and they always need me to do it because they don't know how to do it and frankly, they're not PC savvy.

Suggestions: How about if the launcher had the option to select a profile? each profile would have a folder stored *anywhere* and it replaces the files within the launcher itself? :smile: thus, eliminating the hassle to do it every time another player wants to play.

Each time a player ends his/her session, said files would be automatically saved in its respective folder (to save any changes in achievements and inventory/loadout)

I don't think that'd be complicated and it definitely would be a "plus" to have.

Maybe I'm asking for too much or maybe I'm the only one with this situation.

P.S. #1: I'm totally and completely open for testing and helping and everything you guys may need to do it.

P.S. #2: completely unrelated,

avatar.dat is the one that shows on the lobby, right? 64x64 px
avatar1.dat is the Steam Profile one, right? 184x184 px

Why is the launcher avatar sized at 128x128 px?

Or, if any of that matters, what should avatar.dat and avatar1.dat dimensions be? and what difference do they have between each other?

P.S. #3: This line in rev.ini file: "SteamDll = .\Steam\Steam2.dll" what's the difference using Steam2.dll and Steam.dll and why is it using Steam2.dll when Steam.dll is newer (in date)?

Cheers from Venezuela, Forum. :smile:
DabuDos
13 апреля 2015 20:52
   Сообщение #2

Соратник
Награды:

Предупреждения:
P. Sanders,
Have you just copied the directory?
If yes, that *could* work but it doesnt as you can see, you need to use the installer you downloaded from warzone. :)
P. Sanders
14 апреля 2015 06:49
   Сообщение #3

Соратник
Награды:

Предупреждения:
DabuDos,

Nah, I get what you mean.

CS WaRzOnE installer and client, everything working.

What I would like the launcher to have is like ... a profile selector.

Instead of me having to replace the relevant files each time my little sister/mom wants to play, it would be nice if there could be an option where you select the profile and the launcher itself does the job. Let me see if an image can make it understandable

Image 1: Folder I created called "profiles" where the different for each player will be.
Image 2: Profile folders inside where each of the relevant files are.
Image 3 and 4: Relevant files.

Now, let's say I (P.Sanders) want to play. All I do is, copy the files inside my folder and paste them in the CS:WaRzOnE installation folder, that's it. I have MY skins, MY avatar and MY username.

If my Girlfriend (MDS) wants to play, all I do is copy the files inside her folder and paste them in the CS:WaRzOnE installation folder and ... that's it. She has HER skins, HER avatar and HER username.

The idea comes from the "few seconds" you lose by doing that. Having it in the launcher would be awesome.

Do you see my point?
DabuDos
14 апреля 2015 09:18
   Сообщение #4

Соратник
Награды:

Предупреждения:
P. Sanders,
yes, well you would need to write that into the warzone forums. Shouldn't be too hard to do :)
P. Sanders
14 апреля 2015 09:47
   Сообщение #5

Соратник
Награды:

Предупреждения:
DabuDos,

It's done :lol:

Tested and everything :lol:

I'll show you the .bat file tomorrow, it's 2:15am here and I'm literally falling asleep.

Still don't know how I managed to do it :lol:
P. Sanders
14 апреля 2015 18:50
   Сообщение #6

Соратник
Награды:

Предупреждения:
DabuDos,

Ok, here's what I did.

Now, I have a folder in my desktop called "Counter-Strike Global Offensive", inside that folder are now shortcuts to the batch file for every profile.

I'm using my file as an example.

1) it copies all the files in my profile folder into the game folder
2) launches the game via loader.exe
3) asks you to wait and press enter after you close the game

4) when you press enter after closing the game, it grabs items_730.bin, config.cfg and stats.bin from the game folder (files that most probably could change in-game) and copies them to the profile folder.
5) asks you to press enter and close the file.

It may be super orthodox and/or poorly written (I literally don't know ANYTHING about programming) this is actually my first attempt at it. I was googling all night to find out how to write that stuff.

So, if there's any programmer here who might be offended with my poor programming skills, I'M SORRY! :lol:

Bottom line, it works :smile:

I don't know why I got so excited :lol:

I'd definitely like if it could change some variables automatically instead of me doing it manually everytime I want to add a new profile but hey, for a first attempt, it's actually great.
bestkings
15 апреля 2015 10:34
   Сообщение #7

Ученик
Награды:

Предупреждения:
Here you're: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzCVd8Wx_xS9ekNCZW9PaWZmVk0/view?usp=sharing
Pass: 123
Just quick write and quick test, not sure is correct what you want or work well
You need edit
Profile folder: put any file you want copy
loader.txt: where's your loader will run
path.txt: where you want copy files to
Then run test.exe
GL&HF :happy:
Stanly
15 апреля 2015 19:13
   Сообщение #8

Храброе сердце
Награды:

Предупреждения:
P. Sanders,
Well done =)
P. Sanders
16 апреля 2015 17:28
   Сообщение #9

Соратник
Награды:

Предупреждения:
bestkings,

Hey, man. I downloaded your file but honestly couldn't make it work. I don't know if I was already tired from work but I just ... couldn't.

Could you be a little more specific on the process? :smile:

Stanly,

Thank you :lol: it took me a while to do it and it's nothing special but it does what I need.

I'd like to clean this a little bit.

Do you happen to know how to make these three commands into a single one?

xcopy /s /y "C:\Program Files\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\platform\items_730.bin" "C:\Program Files\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\Profiles\P.Sanders\platform" /q

xcopy /y "C:\Program Files\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\stats.bin" "C:\Program Files\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\Profiles\P.Sanders" /q

xcopy /s /y "C:\Program Files\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg\config.cfg" "C:\Program Files\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\Profiles\P.Sanders\csgo\cfg\" /q

That'd be the only thing I want it to do and just because I'm nit picky. It bugs me that at first it says "10 files copied" but making the backup it says "1 file copied" three times :crying:
bestkings
16 апреля 2015 21:16
   Сообщение #10

Ученик
Награды:

Предупреждения:
Huh? Too hard understand?
In Profile folder, put any file you want copy, example items_730.bin, avatar.dat ,etc
Edit loader.txt file, make it to your loader will run, example E:\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\revLoader.exe
Edit path.txt file, make it to folder you want copy files to, example E:\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\platform
Then run test.exe. It'll backup files agter you close game
P. Sanders
16 апреля 2015 21:51
   Сообщение #11

Соратник
Награды:

Предупреждения:
bestkings,

Haha, you see? now I got it :lol:

I'll try and test it right now, thanks, man. :smile:
1чел. читают эту тему (гостей: 1)
Пользователей: 0